Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lionheart

Lionheart
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Hello, I am a 20 years old and am new to this online community.

Some background about me:

I came from a home where physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse was a regular occurrence. I finally got the courage to leave home for good about a year and a half ago. I don't even know how to begin to describe the year I've spent away from everything and on my own. Life has certainly been a struggle, but at the same time, I have been gradually starting to embrace the idea of establishing a new life away from all the abuse... I found a job that I love working at. I moved into my own place. I got it approved so that I could have visits with my younger sister, who lives in foster care...For once, it felt good to be alive.I would even go so far as to say that it has been the closest I have ever come to being truly happy.

Until recently...

Something has happened to me--something nonsensical and horrific and out of control...I was raped last month at my school.

And now nothing feels right. I am back to being anxious and afraid and hurting all the time. I can't eat or sleep. I can hardly even breathe...And the worst part is, I have no way of knowing if it will happen again. The person who attacked me keeps seeking me out.

I have come here hoping not only hoping to find support, but to also draw strength from other member's stories. Maybe here I will no longer feel so utterly alone. 

#2 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 3,852 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

:sor: you have to be here :notalone:    Have you reported this evil fella to the school or police or at least a restraining order,  you may have to do something for your own peace of mind, it is horrible to live on tenterhooks all the time,   :bighug: if OK

#3 Lionheart

Lionheart
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

I won't report him. I can't. 

#4 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 3,852 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Sorry   :friends2: At least arm yourself with pepper spray or the like

Edited by reglois, 14 October 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#5 drowningnotwaving

drowningnotwaving
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Be brave Lionheart and stay safe. You are not alone.

#6 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,167 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Hello Lionheart,

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here . If you need any help with the board, please contact me

take care, Paula

#7 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Welcome!