Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

All New

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sixofswords

sixofswords
  • M. Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Posting anything at all on this forum is a real step for me. For a long time, I both did and did not know what happened to me. I had all of the facts and memories. At no point did I forget or repress memories. I just didn't allow myself to think through what it all meant and name it. For nearly 20 years after the fact, I never let myself say "I am someone who was molested". I guess because if I did that, it would be real, and I would have to confront it, and let it be a part of me and my story. I didn't know if I could do that without coming apart. 

But all of a sudden, I found myself putting the pieces together and admitting to what I've known this whole time: I am someone who was molested. And there's all kind of feelings and fears I'm confronting head on, and so I'm here, and I don't plan on coming apart, and I'm glad to meet all of you.

Edited by sixofswords, 07 October 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#2 Ancestreel

Ancestreel
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hello sixofswords, 

Welcome to AS. I am also new here and have just found my voice to post about what happened to me.  I understand what you are saying, for a long time I could only admit that I was “touched”. “Touched” had no face, no definition…I kept the memories hidden in plain sight, but refused to know what really happened.  When it all burst, I ba=egan having more memories than I ever wanted to face. I hope that y our healing journey remains in calm strength. 

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:

#3 katina

katina
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Welcome to the group

#4 sjudmajo

sjudmajo

sjudmajo

• 1,637 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hi

I can understand how hard it is to talk about it -even writing  but writing it can be better at first because it gets it out of your brain and on paper and your not thinking about it a lot.

Judith

#5 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hello and welcome to AS, My name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. If you need any help getting around the board, please contact me.

take care, Paula

#6 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Welcome!