Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CountryGirlWithDog

CountryGirlWithDog
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

Hello to all. I'm quite nervous and not sure what I'm doing so I hope this isn't gibberish.
Im 48 years old and it's taken me almost 30 years to stop ignoring my experience and this is my first step in dealing with it so.....yay me! Not quite ready to verbalise yet but I'm hoping this will get me started so thank you all for being out there.

#2 Akemi

Akemi
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Welcome. You made a big step and i hope you can begin to heal. 

#3 smellymellypuppies

smellymellypuppies
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

welcome

#4 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 4,203 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

:hi:  :aswelcomesu:  :bighug:

#5 Ancestreel

Ancestreel
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hello, I am taking my first steps also after years of being aware I was molested, but not knowing what really happened.  Stay strong!  So sorry you have to be here, too. 

#6 CountryGirlWithDog

CountryGirlWithDog
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thank you so much for your replies. It is sad we need this but good that we have it. Here goes nothing.... I was raped when I was 19 then went on to marry a man who used sex as a way of controlling me. Throw in a father who took far too much interest in my sexuality and it's a mess.
I am blessed now to have beautiful and supportive kids but I think it's time to do something with the monster in my closet. I enjoy my life but it's always there.
Can't thank you enough for your welcome. Without it I couldnt have typed the words. Have only told my kids so far and that took 20 years :-)
Wendy

#7 Ancestreel

Ancestreel
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

So sorry that happened to you. ((Hugs)) My kids are supportive, but still seem to not have a clue about what I am diagnosed with means.  I hope opening up here will be good for you, and for me. 

#8 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hi

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. If you need any help with any aspect of the board, please contact me

take care, Paula

#9 Ladyinlaw

Ladyinlaw
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hello Countrygirlwithadog....seems you are here for some of the same reasons I am.....to clean out that closet...I was raped at 20 and after 28 years of not really dealing with it have decided its time....hope this sites offers u the support u need....

#10 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

Welcome!