Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello There

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 disclaimher

disclaimher
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

I'm new to the forum. As I've read in the description, I don't want to trigger anyone or give too much of my story -- but I have recently been diagnosed with social anxiety and PTSD due to my experience. Without anyone in my life who has been through something similar I thought it might be good to meet some friends & maybe find someone to talk to who might understand.
I hope you're all well.

Edited by disclaimher, 22 September 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#2 vakry

vakry

I'm not crazy my mother had me tested ~Shelly Cooper TBBT

• M. Member
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

Welcome to AS!

:aswelcomesu: :bubble:

#3 sjudmajo

sjudmajo

sjudmajo

• 1,637 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

WE can talk feel free to write.

Judith

#4 Bekey

Bekey
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hi Molly.

I'm quite new here myself, but have already found it a very reassuring place.  I've also been struggling with PTSD symptoms and have recently started seeing a therapist and dealing with those issues.  Send me a message if you'd like to talk sometime.

Take care of yourself,

Bekey 

Edited by Bekey, 20 September 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#5 disclaimher

disclaimher
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Thank you for all your greetings, you lovely people.
I've really been enjoying my stay here. It's such a supportive place. :flowers:

#6 reglois

reglois

Reglois

• 3,471 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

Sorry you have to be here, all those here have experienced trauma in one way or another :cry: , welcome :friends2:

#7 disclaimher

disclaimher
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yes, Reglois, it's definitely sad to see so many members. But it's nice to not feel so alone and be somewhere that I can talk about what happened. A curse and a blessing, I guess.

#8 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,156 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hello Molly,

welcome to After Silence, My name is Paula, one of the Newbie support team here. If you need any help with the board, please don't hesitate in contacting me. I'm glad to read that you are finding this to be a supportive place, and it is, its a good community and you are certainly not alone here. Just give it time and take care of yourself.

Paula :hi: 

#9 RoniRN

RoniRN

wounded healer

• 226 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

Hello <3 Welcome to AS

#10 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Welcome!