Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Back After Years Away

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 crescendo.of.whisprs

crescendo.of.whisprs

We've Come So Far...

• 1,097 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

I first joined AfterSilence more than 5.5 years ago and it was a cruicial resource to dealing with trauma. After a very recent trauma I felt like it could be helpful to come back. I'm very sad to see that due to a server crash only about ten of my over 1000 posts remain- all that documentation of past healing is gone. I feel like my life is falling apart and not sure how to get through this. All I know is its crucial to have people who I don't know personally to be able to talk with. Can't believe I'm at the start of this process again. So many emotions- will post more elsewhere.

Looking forward to perhaps running into members I used to know and meeting new members.

Crescendo

#2 Pinkfrog

Pinkfrog

Survivor

• 20 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

Hi! I am new here you welcomed me here which I thought was nice.I wanted to welcome you back.Sorry to hear you lost alot of your posts.Maybe everyone  here can help you get through this tough time.I already posted a few and just getting it off my chest feels a little better.

#3 AMM1188

AMM1188
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Welcome back to the forums. I am new here myself and have found that although it is sad to have experienced trauma it's also helpful knowing that I am not alone. I'm sorry to hear about your recent difficulties but just keep in mind that if you were able to get so far in your healing once you can certainly do it again (and probably even better this time around).

#4 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,167 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hi Crescendo,

welcome back to AS<. I do remember you , I don't know if you remember me or not.  I'm now one of the Newbie Support team here., so I;m here if you need any help with the new board. I lost a lot of my old posts too and it is very frustrating I know.  I'm sorry to hear you've suffered a new trauma, I hope being back here with us will help you,

take care, Paula :hi: 

#5 RoniRN

RoniRN

wounded healer

• 226 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hello again <3 I remember you. I come back around the time of my anniversary each year because it's a bit rough for me. This is 5 years. I'm sorry you lost your posts. :-( And I'm really sorry to hear that you're hurting now. I hope we can help.

#6 strawberrycookie

strawberrycookie
  • 684 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hi Cresc  - I'm also back after a long time of way. Thought I'd drop in on your post and say, I do remember you and welcome back :) 

#7 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,672 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Welcome back. 

I remember you.

Do you remember me?

Found