Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

First Time Poster!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 is4031chik

is4031chik
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hello!

I found this website by accident one day, and after some thinking, I decided to join. I joined because I need a place where I can write my story. I've recently realized a particular area of my life (money) that's been affected by my abuse, and it turns out, I'm replaying my abuse on loop through my emotional-financial relationship. Though I imagine this may sound strange or uninteresting to some, I've reached a point where I'm tired of living out this storyline. I've been in recovery for about 5 years and in therapy for most of that. I've recovered well, but I also know recovery is lifelong when you've experienced trauma. 

I want to lay my story to rest here, anonymously. It's a heavy story that weighs on me, and though I feel no discomfort in telling my story to others (and I will continue to do so as I am also an advocate for equal rights and teach about abuse and rape culture), I'm weary of the continuous playing...a trigger shows up, and suddenly I'm hearing the whole story, start to finish, playing over in my mind and body. I'm ready to let it go, accept its place in my past, and move from victim to survivor. 

I'm also here because I'm tired of my mind constantly doubting the memories I have and whether or not they're true. People lie, but bodies don't, and my body knows the truth. I'm ready to lay to rest the constant back-and-forth of doubt and hesitance I experience when I think about my story - "Did it happen? Was it really that person? If I confronted this person, surely they would deny it. I must be wrong, because the memory in my head is just too gruesome and sick to really happen outside a horror movie." I'm ready to let that go and move forward, accepting my memories and releasing the need to prove any of them within myself.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to engaging in this forum.

#2 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hello  is4031chik

welcome to our community at AS< I'm Paula, one of the Newbie Support team here, I'm glad you decided to join us, and I'm sure you'll find a voice here. If you need any help with any aspect of the board, please contact me

take care,

Paula :hi: 

#3 Placebo

Placebo
  • M. Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

Welcome to AS!

:aswelcomesu:

#4 ~FOUND~

~FOUND~

Anna is found by God!!! Anna loves Jesus!

• 46,598 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found