Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Has As Been Changed - Or Is Just Me?

Just logged onto AS to find the main forum page is now centred (for example topic titles are now centred in the middle of their column) Scroll down the page and those members online is centred as are those in chat etc.

When I open a thread everything that has been written is also centred - which makes for difficult reading. I am using the lotus skin

karen

No....

You're not crazy.

I was thinking the same thing.

Found

Me too... It's messing with my head! :ohmy::lol:

Thanks for posting this thread. It makes me feel a little less crazy! :lol:

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Edited by phoenixgirl

:flowers:

I thought I was going a bit crazy too - wierd how you really don't notice something is a certain way until it isn't!

karen

Same with the winter skin. And the font on the winter skin went from an easy, legible bold font to a very, very thin font. I feel like I'm 85 and have trifocals trying to read everything. :blink:

I thought the font size was different too - but thought that could just be my eyes!

I will try the brave one (didn't even know we had that!)

karen

nope brave is the same

Edited by dodo

Yep, it is glitchy. We will investigate and fix as soon as possible.

Thank you becky - we are such creatures of non-change!

karen

:flowers:

I thought I was going a bit crazy too - wierd how you really don't notice something is a certain way until it isn't!

karen

teeheehee

It's fine for me (I'm using the Tulip Skin). We're scheduled for a major update soon, and the entire look will change. We will let you know in advance.

I thought it was my comp! Good to know I'm not the only one having problems. I'll try the other skin....this centered text makes my head hurt.

--edit--

Tulip appears fine...but that amount of pink....aaahhhh!! Eye strain!

The IP skins (both of them) are also fine. Also very muted--it's blue/grey, so I'll stick with that until the problem is fixed. I do want to point out that that font in IP is small. I have my IE page settings for "largest" font, and where that usually makes it pretty big....it didn't touch these skins.

Edited by MortalGoddess

Don't feel bad Phoenix, it took me years of using the internet to figure that out. At the bottom of the page in the left corner is a box. It's near the orange RSS icon, the first one. Click it and a menu will open. There's the skins!

Thank you for alerting us, Karen! It was my mistake... I'm not as good with html as I used to be. :duh:

I think I have fixed it now. Let me know!

P.S. The font never changed though. It was only the alignment of the text.

Thanks, MortalGoddess.

I like the "Brave" skin.

Thanks Vera... You're amazing to do ANY of it! I take my hat off. I don't know the first thing about html.

Thanks Vera (I am really sorry to say I never noticed it had been fixed until I read this!!)

karen

I did some HTML at university, I'm in the IT business, and also used to do it as a hobby year ago (like late 90s early '00s) but now whenever I do it, I find it just, tedious. I much prefer CMSs :P

John

Thanks, MortalGoddess.

I like the "Brave" skin.

Thanks Vera... You're amazing to do ANY of it! I take my hat off. I don't know the first thing about html.