Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

From Victim To Survivor To Thriver

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys. im really glad i found this site. i guess u could say i just started the "healing process" and its really great to see all this support. i feel that my friends dont really understand what im going through and how im feeling. its almost a relief to know that there are so many other women out there who have over come sexual abuse, even though i wish it wouldnt happen to anyone. any way im really glad i found this site. :)

Thank you for that chart. I wondered what I was called. A thriver, I like that. I'm pretty well healed and I want to help others. I can talk about my past without crying or feeling sad for what I have gone through.

I promise that everyone else will get there. It take a lot of work, and a lot of pain, but it's very possible!

• 2 weeks later...

I loved that. Thank you! I added the link in my blog.

(I am big NASCAR and Jeff Gordon fan...bring on the boo's LoL!)

It reminded me of the encouragement chart that Jeff Gordon had when he first started driving in the Cup Series:

From Rookie to Upstart

From Upstart to Winner

From Winner to Champion

From Champion to Dominance (I think that was what Champion was to turn in to)

I think it a motivation to see how you can get from one to another. And it kinda gives you a path to get there!

Thank you for sharing that!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much my T told me I was a survivor and one day I'll become a thriver.

P.S. you are a survivor too because you see you and you are living your reality that takes alot of strength.</B>

Thanks so much, the chart was a good referance point, it helps to have something right in front of me. Thank you for your service. :flowers::flowers:

• 1 month later...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS LIST!!! I has been an eye opening read for me. :flowers:

:tealribbon: I looked at this again today... the first time I read this I was certain I was a victim ... today I am a survivor... I have come so far in just a short period of time... I hope that someday I can truly thrive. :flowers:
:tealribbon: I looked at this again today... the first time I read this I was certain I was a victim ... today I am a survivor... I have come so far in just a short period of time... I hope that someday I can truly thrive. :flowers:

That is fantastic!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

:hug::up::hug::up::hug::up::hug::up::hug::up::hug:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This chart was very useful. I found that I am more Victim than Survivor by one of the things on the list. I'm trying so hard to be a Thriver especially in this new relationship I'm in with someone who loves me and is aware of my past.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm a pretty even balance between victim and survivor. An improvement which I feel has happened over the past week.

This is interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm mostly in the survivor section. But I do have my days where I'm more victim still. I'm working towards being in the thriver section. I'm glad to see I have at least a few ticks in the thriver section!

Take care

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to add to the list of "thank you's"

I'm also a very visual learner, and I get very impatient with myself. This was so, so helpful to just slow down and really think about where I'm at.

I'm also going to share it with the people who are helping to take care of me.

-claire

this was a great eye opener!

i thought ide be nearly all in the survivor. but then i got 10 victim, 12 survivor, and 3 thriver.

boom, know what i need to work on!

thanks for sharing, this is a brill chart :D