Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introducing Dragongaurd (Me)

Hey everyone, I think this forum is so great. Group therapy isn't available in remote areas and I think it's great that help is available for everyone during any stage of the healing process. I've been on the Survivor path for a couple of years now. I was a victim long after the abuse stopped and followed a pattern of abusive relationships until eventually i broke down, and as painful as it was the break down was, it was the start of my survivor path. I am now healthy inside and out, I've found my true self and have found my value. I still struggle at times and I think I just need to be reminded of why I fight so hard to stay healthy. It's also great for me to see how others are managing there recovery and maybe find ways to improve my own. I will tell my story when the time is right and in the appropriate manner.

But for now hey.

Hi Dragon,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have suffered and that you found yourself in a pattern of bad relationships. I am happy that you started turning things around for yourself and have found value in yourself. You do have a great deal of value. This site is very supportive and I think can help you during times that you may struggle. It has for me. The members are kind and understanding. There will never be pressure, so be confident that the pace you set is right for you. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hey Dragongaurd,

Its good to hear that you have positive feelings in regards to a healthy outlook both inside and out. In reading your response its a hopeful message. Take care.

Welcome! I'm sorry you have a reason to be here but your positive attitude is great. I've only been here a few days, but I hope this group can help you as it has already helped me.

Thankyou, I work hard to try to stay positive, I still have times where I am very sad and sorry for myself but it passes and I try to move on. I have been doing Martial Arts for 10 years and have accomplished quite a lot with it, so I have a good outlet for anger, and energy. But mostly it gives me a break from my own thoughts. Its given my opportunities to break out my comfort zones in a very supportive environment. Its not easy at all but it is very rewarding.

Hello

and welcome to After Silence, :hi:

my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are doing okay and finding your way around

if you need any assistance, please contact me

take care,

Paula

• 2 weeks later...