Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To After Silence :-)

AdlerNY

Hi...new to this site. Had a bit of a setback yesterday after having hardly any issues approx. a year now. I'm a wife, mom & survivor. I've never used a support group before but I really look forward to getting to know others in the same situation & especially what others do when they have a setback. xoxo

welcome.

setbacks happen. This time of year is especially triggering for a lot of us, but healing isn't a linear process. It goes back and forth. The only thing I can do when i have a setback it work through it because it wouldn't have come up if it didn't NEED to be dealt with.

I hope you find some support here.

jessiejoy

Welcome to AS! Glad you've found you way here... Its a wonderful, supportive community and the survivors here are great at relating and offering advice.

Hi :aswelcomesu::supportu:

I also go through setbacks. It's been helping me to come here and read, share, vent, and comfort others. It's harder at times but there are many supportive and helpful people here :)

Thanks, fallenstar. I'm already amazed at how comforting it is to see other's posts of the same feelings, fears, highs and lows I have. I didn't think so soon after joining I'd feel less alone but I do. Thanks!

Welcome to AS! :)

I also go through set back, so you are not alone! so glad you have come to AS for support, it truly is a wonderful site. Looking forward to getting to know you around the board!

Janepp

Welcome here, AdlerNY. I hope you find the support, comfort, and understanding that you seek. You're definitely not alone in dealing with the struggles that come with abuse/assault. Looking forward to getting to know you more on these boards.

Welcome to AS Adler. I have had some setbacks on this journey, there will be setbacks. Just remember that as you work through it and learn how to handle the feelings that come up the setbacks don't take you back to square one. It is two steps forward and one step back but it is still moving forward. Just keep working on getting better knowing that it does get better. That is what keeps me going.

Edited by Astro29

Welcome :)

I think Jessie Joy did a great job putting into words what I believe about setbacks. Healing doesn't happen overnight. Being able to talk things out or to read the experiences of other survivors has been so helpful to me. This is a good place for that. :)

Welcome to AS! It is a wonderful place. I am sorry for whatever has brought you here but am very glad that you have chosen to speak up and speak out against abuse. You are brave and I admire that. You are strong and I truly believe this is a big step in anybody's healing process so kudos to you. I hope and wish that you find this place as healing and helpful and full of understanding people like I have. You are not alone. It is great you are reaching out. You can do this. Caring and hearing you. Feel free to PM me if you want or need to. I would love to talk to you. Wishing you the best. Blessings and peace.

Safe :hug: to you if OK. :supportu::notalone:

hello AdlerNY

welcome to After silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help with anything, please let me know and I will do my best to help

take care, Paula

Hi all. My name is lilacfairy and I have found it nigh on impossible to access this site so now I have, I wanted to introduce myself, I feel rather more like a victim than a survivor right now and went to counselling today for the first time. All the woman said was 'Hmmmm' all the way through and when I asked her to at least ask me questions, she said that everything was up to me to come up with my own answers! I know there is no direct answer but as someone who has had stuff gone on when I was younger, have kept it quiet for over 30 years, I at least wanted a bit of input.

Anyway....sending peace to all and thanks for being there

x

Hi all. My name is lilacfairy and I have found it nigh on impossible to access this site so now I have, I wanted to introduce myself, I feel rather more like a victim than a survivor right now and went to counselling today for the first time. All the woman said was 'Hmmmm' all the way through and when I asked her to at least ask me questions, she said that everything was up to me to come up with my own answers! I know there is no direct answer but as someone who has had stuff gone on when I was younger, have kept it quiet for over 30 years, I at least wanted a bit of input.

Anyway....sending peace to all and thanks for being there

x

Welcome. I don't blame you at all. That would feel very invalidating and shaming almost. I'm sorry she reacted like this. It's nothing against you. Some people are just not counselors who are trained, apt, or possibly even comfortable in dealing with abuse. Doesn't mean they aren't good counselors but just maybe trauma therapy isn't for them. Find yourself a good trauma therapist. I've had therapists like you're describing. It stinks. Supporting you!!! :):flowers: Edited by chant2012