Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi guys :)

I just wanted to let you know I've registered and will probably be doing a lot of lurking :)

I have been in a safe and happy relationship well away from any abuse for the past couple of years (Been married 18 months of those) but things are still not right - I'm not at peace with myself if anyone understands what I mean.

For the most part, my past is well and truely burried, at least enough for me to go about my daily life without anybody guessing whats going on in my mind right now. I know I'm struggling though, and I'm not sure whether I want to cry/kick/scream/run away or just keep going as I am, smiling at the world and hoping that one day this cold and numb feeling will go away.

I dont really know whether I want to talk or not. I'm sooooo confused right now that I'm just here hoping to find people to relate to :)

Hi alwaysdreaming. Welcome to AS. :)

Please feel free to lurk as long as you want and when you feel comfortable, jump in. I am sure you have just as much to offer others. :hug:

Hugs,

Kelly

Welcome to AS .. :hug:

Hey alwaysdreaming, :)

I'm sure that you will find many here that you can relate to, that's the best part because it shows that you aren't ever alone.

Welcome to the board hun. :)

:hug::hug:

Donna =)

Welcome to AS hun. Lurk as you want to and post when you want to. We're here for you, and that's the great part about this board, everyone is great and willing to talk. Welcome again! TTYL!!

~~Shadow

Welcome to AS, alwaysdreaming :hug::hug: I'm glad to hear that you're safe and away form the people that hurt you, and with someone that loves you :) feel free to lurk as long as you want, and when you're ready to talk, we'll be here to listen :console: Everyone here is very kind and patient and understanding. Talking helps in your healing, but don't push yourself to do it until you feel ready.

I hope to see you around soon :bighug: If you want to talk about anything, feel free to pm me :) I'm always listening

Jewel :wub:

Welcome to AS!! :)

welcome to the boards :bighug:

~charlene~