Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What Careers/jobs Are You All Doing?

LUCY

Hi,

I have been on this site awhile now and I find its great finding out peoples ages and countries where they live, its nice to get to know people so... I just wondered what kind of stuff people are doing???

I am a mother and training in social care at uni. Being a parent is my main priority and I love it, doing social care is kind of me trying to help others, give alittle back!!! if I can help one person it will be worth it. I also volunteer which I really enjoy.

Doing a degree was not about the money/job etc, for me it was about doing somethink I thought I would never get to do. I just want that piece of paper to say I did it!! (an expensive piece of paper I know!!)

See you Lucy

I am a senior finishing my degree in special ed. I currently work with children that have autism. I want to get my master's in counceling and work with survivors. i can't spell today I have been mispelling words all day but I am tired and I have a cold so be it......michelle

I run my own shop, I am a jeweler and manufacture/ sell fine gemstone and precious metal jewelry. I am also a dancer but turned down the opportunity to go professional when I still could, now I am too old *sigh* at only 24.

Hugs,

Nicole :hug:

Guest hurtingforever

I am a freshman at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater, with a social work major and a sign language minor. I want to work with teens who have been sexually abused

Lindsay D

I am retired. :) I am also Executive Director of a Non-profit organization that assists homeless people. :hmm:

Heya,

I'm studying for my A levels in English Literature, Physics and Religious Studies. Then next year I'm hopefully going to university to study R.S. or Theology. Then I'm going to try and get into some kind of work helping people in poverty, or maybe stopping abuse .. haven't quite decided what route I want to take yet.

I'm ignoring people warning me about how little cash I'll earn and I''m going to do what I want :P

Saz x

im a student of sciences right now, but next year im changing over to social sciences, then going to uni to do a diploma in social work. i really want to work in the child protection area of social work. :)

It's really good to know that you all were able to "pick up" and move on to rewarding jobs. I am a professonal psych patient!!! I work at a mental health drop in for only 10 hours a week. That's all I can do, it's my 1st job and I'm 31 years old!!! I'm on a disability pension and probably will be for the rest of my life, but oh well!! I'm very sure though that I have kept quite a few psychiatrists gainfully employeed over the years!!

Teardrop

I'm a photography and graphic design student, and i don't know what to do with my life! Anyway, i work as a nanny and i absolutely love it, i love taking care of little boys and girls and keeping them safe(just realized this in therapy)

I am a certified elementary teacher who is currently working with autistic kids. I am scheduled to start my graduate program in March which will give me a M. Ed. with certification in Special Ed.

I love finding this stuff out about people as well. :P

Hugs,

Kelly

I'm an artist and a writer. Now learning to be a computer artist and it's a blast! :)

I haven't decided yet. Right now.. I'm in school to get my honours b.a. in sociology. I eventually want to go into politics I think. I just am not quite sure how to get there.. so it's difficult. I guess I could always be a prof or a social worker though :) Or work for statistics canada. Or maybe go into social psych. I dunno.. I would also love to be a photographer. LOL.. I'll never decide. I'll probably change careers 4 times in my life heh

<3

Guest queenie

I am going back to School in January for Nursing..hopefully will be applying to med school. I'd like to own and run a free rape crisis shelter when I am all done. I just switched degrees...from elecontrics engineering to nursing..sigh starting all over!

I'm a student (hopefully still full time!), studying for a job in international development.

I am a certified nursing assistant in school for my BS in nursing and a minor in Sociology. I have so many things I would love to do with my life. I have always wanted to start a home for girls who have been removed from sexually abusive home. A place where they can go and feel not so alone and that will provide them with the help they need when they need it, like having a therapist available 24/7 to talk. Also, i would love to be a stay at home mom some day, and I would love to write a book... hahaha... maybe I should change my user name to "daydreamer"... :blush:

I will be graudating in April with a Bachelor in Elementary Education and a minor in music. I started with a physical education minor, but the jobs are in music over PE so...i switched! i do love both though :P It's elementary education, so i kinda need a little bit of everything anway! I love kids, and i love what i do! yay!!! :dance:

Guest AllisonY2K

I have a BA in Sociology....and I work in a call center, not putting my degree to use. I actually got the degree to try and figure myself out. I got burned out in my first year of grad school. I was going to try to be a university professor.

...maybe some day I will rekindle that dream.

I hope you do. I think you'd make a good teacher... you're always so patient and willing to explain. :)

:hug:

Ardatha

Guest AllisonY2K

I have this dream of being the college professor many love to have, but know they have to be prepared for class because I will call on random people for their opinions about the assignment for that class period. :)

I can definitely relate to the getting burned out on school hon. I'm only in my second year and it's just ridiculous >_o

It's good to take some time off if you feel too stressed, you can always go back so it's never a big deal to take a break. I think you definitely should go back though, it sounds like you know exactly what you want to do. <3