Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Joined

Whew, I am somewhat intimidated by this whole internet thing. I am really unsure of where I will be safe.

18 months ago I discovered that my husband had molested both my teenage daughters. (what on earth do you do with information like that???) As I write this I can feel the physical tension building in my body, my hands are cold...

He does not live here anymore. I asked him to leave as soon as I found out. My daughters were from a previous marriage but I had three more children with him. (hence the Mom of five thing)

I am not sure why I am even writing here..... I know that there are sexual abuse issues in my own life ( no memories just vague horrible feelings)

My daughters have not choosen to go to any counciling (they are 19 and 20 now) The issue however is open and discusable at home and they see my going to counciling and reaching out for help. I hope they notice the example.

Anyway, such a scattered introduction.......

:) Welcome to the board momoffive,

I've been there. When my daughter told me, something within me screamed out "you need help" . My daughter was a teenager at the time, and I just took her and left the house. Until he was arrested. That was the beginning of my healing, but unfortunately my daughter would not stay in treatment. She subsequently forgave him, but I don't think she ever forgave me, My daughter passed away last month at the age of 42.

It is such a devastating thing to go through, it is like murduring the spirit. It wrecks families and destroys lives. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I am sorry that so many people go through it silently. I hope that you will continue in your healing process, and I hope we can help in someway make it easier. This group is very understanding and supportive. :greet::wub::hug:

Welcome to AS ... I hope that this place can help you in any small way it can ... :hug:

welcome to the boards :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

Welcome to After Silence :hug:

I hope that you will find support and security here as I have :)

Meg

This is a safe place, but as with all internet sites, it is best for safety's sake not to give out any identifying information. Should you decide to stick around, you will get to know people through what they share here. I feel like I know so many people on here, but I couldn't tell you their names or where they live. It's like getting to know each other anonymously. :) Now that I have said that, here's the real post:

Welcome to AS. First of all, you are a mom to five???? I take my hat off to you. :) I have three and sometimes it is all I can handle.

I am sorry you are finding yourself in this situation. I am glad you have chosen to get help and I hope you find it is, indeed, helpful. You're daughters may not be ready to seek out help. I know in my healing, there have been times where I feel I HAVE to go to therapy or my world will crash down around me, and there have been times where I need to take a break from all of this. Other times there is this huge fear of what I will uncover so I try to shut down from everything. If your daughters find that they are needing extra support, it is good they are seeing you getting it so they know where they can turn.

I am proud of you for supporting your daughters. Unfortunately, some mothers put their marriage before their children. You are to be commended.

Hugs,

Kelly

((((Hello))))

I am so sorry for the tragedy that has touched the lives of you and your children. You sound like a wonderful and protective mother. I am sure your children will one day seek extra support, it takes time to acknowledge the enormity of what has happend. Please feel free to take the support on offer here at AS and share when you feel safe enough to do so.

Best wishes and safe hugs for all of you :blush::bighug::blush:

S x

:wub: Welcome to 'After Silence' sweetie, this is the first time I have ever heard anyone come on the board on someone else's behalf the way you have. I mean we've had supportive spouses and what not but this is the first time I personally have ever heard this. I only wish I had a Mother who would care enough to do the same, that means I'm thankful for Mothers like you in the world. You're reaching out more than you even think you know right now, you're helping to build a foundation for your own personal healing so that you can in turn better help invite your daughter into that very healing circle. That's a positive thing, I know you're scared but know you are welcome here and that your healing and your daughters healing will come in time.

Hugs & Love, Haullie :hug: