Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Too Many Years Of Silence...

Hello All,

I'm a newbie here, signed up for this forum many months ago and am finally getting the courage to post. I've read many of the posts and it's very comforting and sad at the same time that there are so many woman dealing with trauma. I think this will be healing for my own experience knowing there are other women who face the same fears and issues.

Hello dmh,

It was a courageous thing to introduce yourself here and I'm glad you were comfortable enough to have broken the silence here. Welcome to AS!

It is sad that there are so many women and men who belong here, but it is comforting to know that a safe place like this exists to help support survivors. I hope that this will be a kind and supportive community that can help you celebrate the good days and comfort you on the dark days as we journey ahead together.

There is a quote, "There are in every life both sunshine people and rainy-day people. There are giving people and those who take, but how few in number are those who understand." I hope you can find here some who understand.

All strength to you,

Activist Ally

Edited by ActivistAlly

Welcome dmh

I'm glad you have read some of the posts here and feel a little more comfortable about posting yourself now. It's never easy, but this community is very supportive and safe. I am thankful that we have both found a place such as this to try and heal from our painful experiences. You are not alone anymore.

Hi dmh,I hope you find the courage to speak your truth and move towards greater healing. I've found AS very supportive and it has helped me focus on getting long overdue help with my trauma, I've been battling with the after effects of, since childhood.

Hi ... I did that too when I joined I read for some time then slowly started sharing and it is such an amazing supportive forum ...nice to meet u & u will find tons and tons of support here Take Care

• 2 weeks later...