Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Male Survivors Forum

I was just curious if females are allowed to access the Male Survivors Forum? I'm sure a ton of the AS members would like to offer their support and get some insight into the lives of male survivors, many of us know male survivors as well and could benefit from the knowledge passed down by those who have been there. I believe if male survivors are allowed to view the rest of the board where females also post, we should be allowed to view their posts and get some understanding into their trauma and aftermath, to support and come away with a better understanding. It seems a little segregated to have a male survivors forum private, like their posts need to remain hidden from view and "secret". I don't mean any dis-respect, I just wanted you to know how it looks from female survivor's perspective, or at least one (me). Why is the male survivor issue such a secret? I've always been afraid of asking these questions because I know that there are reasons for why you run the board a certain way and I would never want to critisize or step over any boundaries where the rules and regulations are involved. So maybe you could offer some of your insight into why it is private and if females are allowed to view it, just so that I know and the rest of us who may ask these same questions can know. I hate to use the word "segregated" and I don't want to feel like that board is segregated so if I could understand your thoughts on this it would help. Maybe we could also get some thoughts from other members about how they feel about the forum for male survivors being private. I am sorry for having to ask, I hope you don't mind, again I mean absolutely no dis-respect I just need to know if I'm the only one who feels this way and why it seems so secretive when this is everybody's issue, not just a female or a male issue, but an everybody issue.

Love Always, Haullie

Im still with you Haullie, i think male members would feel excluded as it is. I still dont think they need thier own forum even if it is for productive reasons. I think this is just renforcing that feeling when they could PM each other anyway. i completely understand its purpose i just think its not needed as it would only bring up mixed feelings when it isnt nessisary.

yeah I still have my mixed feelings. But I don't know what else to say honestly. I just have to respect the admins decisions to do what they feel is right.

(((((((drowning)))))))) :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have felt the same way since that topic was made i don't really see why it should be private when our stuff is out there for anyone man or woman to read!!! and even in that other topic it said to me that they take it harder because their male i mean it may have not been what was said but it is what i am getting at i also don't think it's fair because most of us have been attacked an abused by men so why should they get to see our most vunarable times in life and see what we're going through and try to post and help us when we can't even do the same i don't think there should be a protected male forum here when we are all here to help each other yes it may be hard for males but it is just as hard for a females................ And anyone who says it is harder for them well i don't even know what to say I mean it's not fair for anyone to say that because we have all been through different stuff that has taken a different toll on each and everyone of us saying one is worse then the other or it is harder for one person and not the rest also isn't fair or in anyway right!!!!!!!

Ok i think i am done !!!!

Edited by Butterflyangelbaby