Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm New Here

Guest hurtingandscared

Guest hurtingandscared

I'm new here and i don't know where to start, my story is so long. First off i should say that i have a handful of abuse memories, however in my life right now i'm starting to get more flashbacks. I say i want them, but when they come i try to blink out of them with my eyes.

I was abused by females, although in my youth i alleged that an uncle abused me too. i have little recollection of that now, though right now i'm kind of open to just about anything. My abusers were my maternal grandmother and i believe my own mother as well.

i feel afraid to write here, because knowing my psycho sister she will find out i'm doing this and have me committed to a hospital (which has been her answer to everything - all my problems that is). It is easy for her because then she doesn't have to deal with me at all.

i'm 35, and my birthday is tomorrow, Xmas Eve, i'll be 36. i'm scheduled to have dinner at my mom's house though i wish i didn't have to. i've been feeling very anxious about spending time with my family as recently i called my sister's shrink to let him know my sister was being neglectful and abusive to her youngest son. My sister, the lawyer, fired me. I had been working for her. I still have my other job though which is good. i had to speak up because it hurt so much to see him be abused/spanked.

so i think that is all i want to share for now. i'm so glad i found this site. a friend recommended it to me. i've been looking for a good site for survivors. this looks like a good one.

hurtingandscared

:hug: Welcome. :) I'm pretty new here myself but I hope you find this place just as helpful has i have. Happy birthday! My birthday is comin up too... i'll be 17 in feb. Anyway, I hope it's not too bad at your moms, and everything goes as well as it can.

I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but I'm glad your looking for help and support. That's a big step ( as i just found out myself ).

Take care,

Liz :)

:inn: Welcome,

Happy Birthday!! I am so sorry that you are having a hard time now. Your birthday is the same as my granddaughter's. I am glad that you found your way here to AS. Feel free to come and post when you want, and as often as you need to. The beginning of healing is hard, but it does get better and better. It is like an upward spiral, you have your ups and downs, but the whole spiral is going up.

I hope we can help. I hope you will have a good birthday and a good holiday.

Laray :wub::hug::wub:

Welcome to After Silence. I know you'll find this to be a comforting and nurturing place to help you along your healing journey. As we are discovering here, abuse has no gender or age boundaries. This is an amazing group of survivors here and I'm sure you'll find them to be very supportive. :)

:hug:

Ardatha

Hi HurtingandScared,

Welcome to AS. I hope that you will find AS to be helpful in your recovery. This is a great place to get some support. I'm sorry that things are so difficult for you right now, but things can get better over time. Feel free to post as you feel comfortable. I am sure that you will find this to be a very accepting and supportive environment for you. Take good care and hope to hear more from you in the future!

Oh and..... Happy Birthday!!!!!! :birthday::party::party2::greet::party::party2:

:wave:

Nick

welcome. i hope u feel safe posting here.

welcome hugs :hug::hug::hug:

Welcome to AS! :hug::hug:

I'm so sorry that you are hurting. This board has been such a wonderful and supportive place for me, I hope you are able to find that here too. :throb:

Happy belated birthday! :birthday::party2::throb:

Edited by Elisah