Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

a1in3

I am new here. My children were recently assaulted and it brought back some painful memories that I had previously worked through and also some new memories from my own childhood. I previously had no memory of my childhood assault, but now I am having flashbacks. I am at a loss as to how to deal with this. I am starting to see a counselor, but I am afraid to talk about this. I cannot turn to my family for any help because they refused to believe my children (it was another family member). If anyone has any experience I would like to know what steps you took to get better. This is severely impacting my life. My children went through counseling and seem to be doing fine. But I know they need and deserve a whole mother and I don't know how to get there. Thank you

Hi A1in3,

Welcome to Aftersilence :)

I'm sorry for the reason you have had to come here, but I'm glad you found us. I do not have children of my own, but I too was assaulted by a family member. It was years ago, but I still deal with my past time to time. I think you are taking great steps, by attending counselling and getting help. I hope you can find some support around here too. I here you, there were members of my family refusing to believe me when I came out and told them. It's not easy... but you know they have you.

You know if you are not ready to talk about it- that's okay. There is no rush... take your time. Feel free to browse through forums here as well, and it may help you as well.

Mandy

NST

Hi a1in3

I am sorry for what brought you here, I am very sorry to what to your children, as a mother it is hard when I children are in pain. I had to ask my own girls if they were abused by abuser as was around them when they were children. I remember holding my breath until they said no. You are not alone here, take your time reading the broads.

Patricia