Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi There

Hi, glad to be here... Someone in my family thought these forums would be helpful to me, so I decided to give it a shot. I have to be careful about what I post, but I can tell you I'm in my 20s, I live in America... I identify as bisexual and transgender.... Dunno what else to say.... I've been struggling a lot lately with my past trauma... Maybe these message boards will help me out a little. I tend to be quiet at first and lurk a little, but that probably won't last long. I look forward to meeting everyone ^^

Hi lonelilies,

Welcome to AS. Take your time and lurk all you want. You will see that this site is very supportive with kind and friendly people. There is no rush on anything, but know when you are ready, we are here. You are not alone and I wish you best wishes on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi lonelilies,

Welcome to After Silence :aswelcomesu:

I am very happy that you reached out for Support here :)

I am very sorry about your past trauma.

I am sorry that you had to be a Survivor, to find this group, but I am very happy that you are recovering your life

The group here is very friendly, helpful, and supportive. :wub:

Identifying as both bisexual and transgender can be complicated.

In regards to being transgender, I would highly recommend that you seek out a Gender Therapist to assist you in your Journey.

You may also want to seek out a Local transgender Support Group to attend.

The Local Groups are very helpful, and you will meet some new transgender friends, and realize, that “You Are Not Alone” and these new friends will have similar feelings and thought as yourself and you will feel more comfortable.

They often hold events where you can attend and be your “True Self”.

I also hope that your relatives that you live with are supportive of you being “non-binary”.

If you are interested in a very good Transgender Support Website, that is very similar to this site, I highly recommend LaurasPlayground to get Support for any of your transgender issues.

They have Forums, and also a lot of helpful information for transgender individuals.

Lauras Playground

http://www.lauras-playground.com/

Lauras Playground also has lists of Gender Therapist and Local Transgender Support Groups listed by State.

You may also want to search the Internet for "WPATH Version 7" which is the bible that therapists use when treating transgender individuals.

If you are planing to start HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy),this is the guide that therapists and doctors use.

I hope this information is helpful, and I hope to read more about you in future posts.

You CAN and WILL Heal. :notalone::supportu::bighug: If OK

hey there! it's good to have you onboard. i'm sure that you will make many friends and find much support here!! if you ever want to talk, feel free to message me!! i hope that joining after silence is as rewarding for you as it is for me !!

talk soon

terra

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

And thank you nycgirl for the advice ^^ I do see a therapist, though I have more or less completed my transition... My relatives are OK about it... they aren't completely supportive because they don't understand it as much, but they're a lot better than they were a few years ago! And I love Laura's Playground :) I haven't been there in a while because my abuser knows that's one of the sites I frequent... maybe I'll go back when things settle down some more...

Again, thank you, everyone, for the support :) I look forward to getting to know you all!

hello lonelilies,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the Newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help with anything, please let me or one of the team know and we will do our best to help if we can

take care,

Paula