Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Am New And Think I Am Ready To Begin Posting

I have been a member for a short while but have not posted. I am waiting on a PW to post in the Share My Story thread.

I am a survivor of childhood molestation. Since I have been having flashbacks, my life has turned upside down. I need to make friends and talk out loud about what I am feeling.

Hello Ancestreel,

congratulations on making the step to speak... I want you to know that you are not alone.

I too have been molested and I am still trying to figure out if I was raped even... I m still not sure about that one since its all very confusing in my mind because I was so small.

I do thank God for this site, it made me realize amongst many other things, that I am not alone and I hope that it will do the same for you.

So whenever you feel the need you are ready to share your story, we are here to listen and support you .

God bless xxxx

KungFu

Hello KungFu,

you have been here, then you know I am shaking…tearing….and my heart is pounding. even as i am not alone, i instinctively feel that way. You describe me- it is just like that.. trying to figure out what else happened…and the memories I do have torment me. Glad to have a place to go and open up...

When you have made 10 posts you are automatically allowed to post your story

So very sorry you have to be here. :comfort::notalone:

hello Ancestreel,

welcome to After Silence, My name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. Please know that you are not alone here. If you need any help with getting around the board, please contact me ,

take care, Paula :hi:

Thank you for the welcomes, I wanted to say how hard it is to open up, but after reading through some posts and testimonials I feel like I have found a caring and supportive group where I can share my thoughts, I have been married a long time to a great man who I can kinda talk to, but I keep as much of my misery from him as I can. He called today while I was reading and posting, and caught me during a flashback and bad moment.

He wanted to ask me for a favor and I was so overwhelmed with my ouwn moment that I could not focus and may have been tense with him about asking me to do anything. Luckily he is learning, and he backed off and said not to do it today, just write it down for later. Writing things down has become my thing. lol Is it normal to be so overwhelmed with thoughts and moments that I have to have a post-it to Shower, Eat and Take Meds?

:breakdance:

Hi Ancestreel- Welcome. I've found AS to be an amazingly supportive place that above all has finally made me feel normal. People here really understand what you're going through.

If I could write a post-it to remind myself to get out of bed in the morning I would. I nearly give myself a high five some days just for managing to cover myself in suitable clothing. I ride the wave, the ups and downs. I've been healing for a long long time (hence my name) and I feel like it does get easier. Hang in there.

Glad you're here.

-Alu-

I I want to be whole, I can’t say again because I cannot ever remember feeling that way. I feel like a patchwork of nerves , anxieties and bad memories. Going out takes all day to build up steam and then I may still fflake out! I want to be whole. Thinking about impending trip to store…and it has me worked up with panic. My meds do not help with this.….Going to my first psychologist appt next week. Maybe some good will come out of it.

• 5 months later...

Welcome!