Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, Then

Hi...

This is weird for me. Usually I'm the one who others talk to about their problems, and I've been very quick to sweep my own under the carpet. But a few things have happened to me, and they're somehow closer to the surface than I would like. I never took any legal action, and that bothers me. I tried, somewhat, but was discouraged by people I thought would be there to help me. So, I don't know. Here I am. Hello. I would like to know how to post to that Share Your Story forum, because I do think that typing it all out would help. Thank you.

I hear you on the usually the one who others talk to ... I'm in the same boat ... I'm not quick to sweep mine under the carpet because mine is a little too fresh for that, but I hear you on the closer to the surface than you'd like ... me too. I haven't taken legal action yet as well, but I do still have a long time I can report (fear for the safety of my family unfortunately) ... and Hello! The Share Your Story forum will open up once you've posted 10 times ... otherwise I believe you can contact a moderator to help you get access, but I don't know about that for sure as I'm new as well! If it would help, you are more than welcome to message me your story ... I haven't posted mine ... a bit too new and a bit too confused for that still unfortunately, but someday I hope to share my whole story as well :) Welcome and know you have support here - I've gotten a lot of support that has been very helpful and luckily I've been able to provide support as well, which helps because I am that person that most people usually come to ... so I'm used to handing out the support ... not needing it ... so being able to help others again helps me to feel a bit more in control again ... it's nice :) Welcome and know you are not alone - something others have reflected to me often and somehow is very comforting ... I hope it is comforting for you to know as well!

Hi,

Thank you. It is comforting. It's something I didn't know I needed to hear I guess. I've kind of prided myself on being alone, on not needing support, but that's not really going to work out for me I can tell. So, thank you. I have no idea how to PM or anything on here though. I'll try it. I hope you are doing well too, and please feel free to message me as well. It's nice to meet you.

Hello EverythingsEventual :hi:

I applaud you :clap: for reaching out here in order to take care of yourself. I understand how easy it is to put ones own issues on the back burner to help others and I hope AS (after silence) can be a part of the kind and compassionate support network you deserve.

Brokenmomma is correct in that you simply need ten posts to access the "Share your story" forum.

To send a PM (personal message) simply scroll to the upper right hand of any page on AS and click on the heading that says "Messenger". You can either view messages or if you want to write someone you can click on "compose new." From there it opens up a box similar to the one you used to compose your intro post here!

I want to welcome you to AS on behalf of the NST (Newbie Support Team) and let you know that we are here to answer any questions you may have and to help with any problems you might encounter so I hope you'll feel free to PM myself or any other member of NST if you have any issues and we'll be happy to assist you as best as we can.

With care and support,

Activist Ally

Hello EverythingsEventual,

Welcome to AS. Very sorry about the trauma that you have suffered, but know that this site has many supportive and understanding members. I think it is more common than you realize, being the one to help, than be helped. It's hard to ask for help, especially for something like this. Reaching out is a big step. It will be the first step of many, I'm sure. I wish you well on this healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

I'm just beginning to realize that I'm not as alone as I thought. I too have been trying to figure out how to post my story. So far, this site has helped so much. I love that we have a place to lean on each other when needed. I am here for you if you need me. And thank you brokenmomma for explaining the process.

Hello,

I am new to this site and was recommended to by my counsellor. I am usually a very private person so I may take a little courage to post things about myself and what happened.

I'll explore the site further. Have a good evening.