Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I am new to AS. I am 36 and have been living with chromic PTSD for years and finally found who I think is the right fit for a therapist for me and am using this summer to work through some of my past abuse. Grateful to have a place where other people deal with similar struggles as I do (nightmares, easily startled, flashbacks, intrusive memories to name a few).

Hi Cedars,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but you found a truly supportive site. It's not easy reaching out, I know, but you will find the members kind and they do understand. I am also happy that you found a T that is a good fit for you. Working on you, is a good thing. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

I am new to AS. I am 36 and have been living with chromic PTSD for years and finally found who I think is the right fit for a therapist for me and am using this summer to work through some of my past abuse. Grateful to have a place where other people deal with similar struggles as I do (nightmares, easily startled, flashbacks, intrusive memories to name a few).

Sorry to hear you've been struggling with PTSD so long but I'm glad you found a good therapist and I hope this can be a good summer of healing for you! Yes, AS (After Silence) is a place with a lot of folks who will identify with what you've been going through.

Welcome to AS!

Activist Ally