Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello. Not Quite Sure What To Say, But Thanks For Having Me.

I had an account here for a while, but I just never got around to using it. Kept thinking about it... but then I would tell myself its not necessary. I dunno. I always felt that if I actually opened up about myself in a place like this it would make what happened to me real. Its easy to deny a trauma when you don't acknowledge its existence... but then it just grows and grows and gets worse over time, so ultimately I decided "to hell with it', and now here I am, acknowledging it. Finally. I hope its worth it.

You guys can call me Hayley, and no, that's not my real name. I'm transgender... male-to-female. Trying to find work so that I can pay for my transition and move out of my parent's house. I'm a huge comic book geek... mostly into DC. Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad next year in theaters! Woo. My username is actually based off of the DC Comics female superhero team, Birds of Prey. I've been collecting their comics for as long as I can remember, and they've always been there for me in the worst of times, helping me fight the darkness, so I felt it was appropriate to name myself that. My #1 favorite superhero is also Stephanie Brown, one of the Batgirls and one of the Robins, as well as the hero, Spoiler. My life's motto is a quote from her... "Its only the end if you want it to be." It helps me to not give up.

I could go on and on for days, but you get the point.

So, uh, once again, thanks for having me. I seriously appreciate it.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Hi Hayley,

Welcome to AS, or should I say welcome back. It is a big decision to actually say and know you are ready to reach out. I am sorry that you have suffered trauma, but this site is a very supportive site. I was like you, in denial, but coming here has given me a voice. Perhaps you will find one here, too. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi Haley,

Welcome to After Silence again.

I am sorry that you had to experience your trauma that brought you here, but I am very happy that you finally reached out for support here.

Speaking about your trauma, and not holding it in is very helpful for your healing and recovery.

The members are very friendly, helpful, understanding, and very supportive.

Feel free to post any questions that you may have.

Hoping you can find work, and your transition goes well for you :)

:youcanheal::notalone::supportu:

Hi Haley,

I want to welcome you to AS (After Silence) on behalf of the Newbie Support Team (NST) and I hope you'll feel free to send myself or any NST member a pm (personal message) if you have any questions or need help and we will be glad to assist you as best as we can!

Comic books were important for me growing up in having a world to escape away to that was far away from the abuse I suffered so I'm glad you have found them to be a healing source of comfort.

I hope you'll find AS can be a source of kind compassion as well.

With support,

ACtivist Ally

• 1 month later...