Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A New Name One To Help Me Remember

I'm changing my name. I survived nearly a decade as simply the spouse; I was just the Mrs now after nearly five years divorce he still throws ghosts at me. I wasn't meant to be but that doesn't matter; I woke up years ago and now as of last night I'm seeing truths I had avoided. I was going by a different name writing in high school and during the dark days now I rise. I will rise above the fear and panic. I will rise above the anger that still feels so alien to me. I am Riza Pheonix and I'm tired of darkness. I am not crazy or wrong I wrote and I sang my whole life till I gave up my voice. I forgot what it was to sing without fear to write without concern for in someone would take it personally and I want my voice back. I hope that here I find others who understand what it's like to be an artist who lost their passion and want it back. I don't want to be that 19 year old girl I want to take back my mind and my art from the dark and get back into the air where I belong. So I am Riza Pheonix because I seek to be reborn stronger wiser and more powerful than I have ever been.

Hello Riza Pheonix,

Welcome to AS. Sorry about the trauma you've suffered, but you seemed determined not to let it control your life. Reaching out is a big step. You will find tons of support at this site. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

this reads like beautiful poetry. more importantly, i applaud your willingness to take back control your life. you will rise above what you have lived through because you are already stronger, wiser, and more powerful! :throb:

Thank you Spocknado (Love your name btw) I spend a great deal of time and thought before I write. this habit has been a great strength for me. I use it to examine, dissect, devolve and discard those things that came from my first marriage. I also have a great deal of music that is empowering; survive, fight, and thrive oriented songs fill my day some I share with my children others are still too mature for them.

Welcome Riza Pheonix!!! :hi:

I love your introduction post and I hope that AS can be a helpful and safe community to collaborate with you in regaining your voice and your art as you journey towards healing! I hope you will find the members of AS to be walking alongside you every step of the way!

If you should have any questions or need help with anything I hope you'll feel free to PM (personal message) myself or any of the other NST (Newbie Support Team) members as that is why we are here!

Rock on!

Activist Ally