Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New in town!!

Guest teddybear

Guest teddybear

Hi - I just ran across this forum and I am always looking for new information and support. I hope to get to know you all soon. I am 54, have been dealing with the abuse issues for 10 yrs. I stil have that hole in my heart that I hope will someday be filled and I can go on with life and not be plagued by the past.

Welcome to the group sweetie :)

We can all use a little help and support, don't we? Please know that we are here for you, so feel free to lean on us!

I still have that hole in my heart too and just like you I hope will someday be filled with healing waves and joy.

Maybe we can get there together....

Hugs,

Verena

((((Teddybear))))Welcome to the group. I hope you find it as warm and comforting as I do. You do not journey alone, we are here to walk with you, beside you :)

Guest teddybear

Thank you everyone for the welcome.

I hope I can offer some support to others as we journey down the road that we didn't intend to take.

This is the most difficult thing I have ever done. I have been through many things, deaths of parents, 3 bros, and other close family/friends. I came within minutes of death myself in 1988. But nothing compares to the emotional pain/terror/confusion/flashbacks/panics etc. we experience in dealing with this.

But, we will all make it to the top!!

Take care everyone.