Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Need A Support Group

Guest qtchickaj

Guest qtchickaj

I am a survivor from the South Shore of Massachusetts whose child was also recently abused. I have been unsuccesful at locating a support group or counseling for my child or myself. The last two therapists I had for my daughter quit, and the legal system is yet to press charges against the accused. I am fed up with societies reluctance in this day and age to confront, acknolwedge and stop abuse of woman and children and I am looking for a way to channel some of my anger into something more useful than selfpity. I am tired of feeling alone and tired of anyone who finds out about my history walking away because it's easier than acknowledging the truth. I am interested in starting a support group in the south shore of Mass or I am looking for advice on how to do so.

Thank you,

AJ

I'm really sorry to hear this hon :/

I think this place can be a good way to start for yourself. It's a very supportive environment. I wish I could offer you some more advice.

I'd try searching google.com and see what you can come up with for your area. I hope you find some good support for yourself and your child. I hate the way society deals with this problem, or well, doesn't deal with it. It's a huge developing problem and no one wants to listen to it or try to find solutions and that is so wrong.

Take care of yourself. Good luck <3

(AJ) :hug:

welcome to AS!

i'm so sorry for all the pain you and you child have experienced :hug:

everyone here is really great and supportive and i hope you find what you need here!

emmax

Edited by betty

Hi AJ Welcome to AS, I also am in the same area and I have yet to hear of any such thing as far as support groups in the area as I also have searched.. and I think there should be.. I think they should be everywhere! I would love to get involved in such a thing, if it were to be allowed as I unfortanately am a male :(

Welcome, AJ!!!

Wow, I'm extremely sorry to hear about you and your daughter. How old is she? I am not in your area so don't have any suggestions as to how to find a support group there. If there are none and you want to start one, maybe talk to your closest rape/survivor crisis unit? Or call RAINN - they might have some suggestions about starting one. If no rape/survivor center, then talk to some of the people in mental health in your area? Hopefully you'll be able to find someone who can advise you on the best way to go.

:hug:

Ardatha

PS - To Tim: Hon, your gender shouldn't figure into this. You are a survivor, just like the rest of us and it isn't limited to gener, age, or religion as far as I know. Unfortunately, I realize real life doesn't always line itself up with our expectations and ideals. Sad. :angry:

Welcome,i hope u find wot u need?!?!?

:hug: & :wub:

Sookie xoxox