Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Member - Introduction

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Michele. I live in Wisconsin. I have a husband and 3 kids. I was raped at 15 by some guy that went to the same school as me. They wanted me to not attend school but to finish my school year being home schooled so I didn't have to see him. Yes, they were punishing me for something he did. Anyways I did stay and finish school year. At the time of the rape, my Mom was babysitting for a Teacher at the same school I attended, but in the Elementary - not high school. She made me drive to and from school with him. At this time they still blamed me for what happened. Long story short, 9 months after the rape, the teacher they made me go with everyday raped me. Up until about 4yrs ago, no one knew a thing about it. Went to counseling etc. I had a great counselor but then she moved out of state. Next one was ok. For the last 2 years I haven't gone to counseling thinking I was fine. Now in the last 2 months situations arose that have thrown me back to my past. I thought I had dealt with it for the most part, but I was kidding myself I guess. I just started counseling again this month. I realized how much I needed it. I went to a new counselor and as much as I thought the others were good, he is so much better. Especially since he is a guy - not ladies like the other 2. I was apprehensive at first but has turned out well. I hope this site will help me along my journey.

Hi Michelle,

welcome to AfterSilence, my name is Paula, one of the newbie support team here. I hope you find what you're looking for here with us. If you need any help with the board, please contact me

take care, Paula

Hello Michele! I'm new to AS as well and it really is a great place to vent and receive tons of support back! I'm so very sorry for what you went through after my ordeal I had to see my attacker everyday for years, I know that is one of the most difficult things to go through. If you need anything I'm here for you!

• 4 months later...

Welcome!