Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Mostly New

I have been here for a few weeks, mostly posting to my own personal blog until I felt more comfortable but I think I feel good enough to introduce myself now. I guess I will sign myself Eve there is a reason behind that but Its my reason and I'm not ready to talk about that. So you can call me Eve, I'm 26 though my body and my mind feel much older sometimes.

This is hard for me to put myself out there, its the most I have talked about abuse in 11/12 ish years even back then I didn't speak enough of it but since then it has still been there haunting me and I have endured more abuse since, so I guess here I am. A girl that has lived inside her own mind for a very long time and a woman trying to heal the wounds the girl endured.

Now that I have started integrating myself I find the words and pain pouring out of me in a way unexpected. Like these thoughts and words have been held back by a dam that has suddenly been knocked down and they are all overflowing at once.

Hi Eve,

:aswelcomesu: Welcome to AS! I have just read your post, and I wanted to say "hi", and to welcome you. I am so grateful for this site...it is helping me in many ways. I am also learning a lot, and I no longer feel alone with my story. And that in itself has been very healing for me. I wish the same for you, and all the best to you on your healing journey...and know that you are not alone!

:youcanheal::notalone::supportu:

Josie

Hi! I'm new here as well. I was scared to post too, and it took me a few months to try, but everyone here seems really kind and supportive .

It helps just to be able to acknowledge it, when the feelings are getting on top of you, and hear the stories of other people who are going through similar things.
Good luck as you continue to heal!

Hello Eve,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. There is no pressure or rush to share or talk here, just do it at your own pace. I hope AS will be helpful in your healing journey. If you need any help getting around the board, please let me know

take care, Paula

• 2 months later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found