Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here, Hi

Hi, yes I'm new, I'm 23, I'd rather not say my name (yet if ever) but you can see from the avatar maybe... that I'm male, I searched through the introductions to find another guy (found nickeaster) before I would even venture to post...

I hope you don't mind me lurking around for awhile to test the waters... get my bearings, feel at home, however you want it put... before I leap into sharing anything, to this day I have told my story to under a dozen people in the last 18 years, and for the most part been met by reactions that I felt were lacking, or way off base. :duh:

Till a later time you can call me Endless...

Endless

Nothing

Fire

all are names I've been known by to people I wouldn't tell my name to, so it isn't just this group.

/me really hopes its ok for me to just hang around in the shadows for a little while...

update:

Ok I found myself stepping out of the shadows I am sooo sorry if things I've said are wrong to say :(

I just see things I can't help but want to respond to here :(

Hi Endless,

I've already welcomed you to the forum but I wanted to address another issue here. Yes, it is perfectly okay that you are a male and you are definitely welcome here. Actually there are more than one other male here so you are not alone at all. Unfortunately surviving is not a gender based condition, so I'm sure you'll be very welcomed here. This is a great community and everyone tries to be here for each other. I hope you find the caring and support here that we've all come to appreciate the forum for.

:hug:

Ardatha

lurk all you want. the fact that you're male isn't an issue here, like ardatha has said, surviving isn't gender based.

welcome hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

Hi Endless,

(((Hugs)))

Just wanted to add my welcome. This is a very very safe, warm and understanding place. And full of people with very different stories, both male and female... I am female, but it was my mother who abused me, so I always felt a little alone. But we're all survivors here, and that strength really unites us.

Take your time to post, and lurk for just as long as you want to. This is your time sweetie.

:hug:

Ruthie