Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Little Unsure How To Start

Hi I'm 31 and my abuse came from the one person I adored above all others. My father. I was 13 when it started and 18 when it stopped when I ran away from home. It has never been to court or any action taken. The police were informed but they told me no one else was in danger. A few very close friends know a bit but not it all.

Jolibbyclarke,

I'm sorry for the trauma you have gone thru and sorry it happened by somebody you loved. You did not deserve it and you were brave no to stay silent, and I'm sorry the police were no help. Personally, I never even considered going to the police and I've yet to tell anyone in my life.

This site has been a wonderful support site, and I hope you find it the same for yourself. We are all looking for the same thing, and that is to heal. I wish you much luck and support on your journey.

Mary

Sorry what u went through ...Its a great forum to join and u will find tons and tons of support here ....Im sorry no action was taken but at least it was informed by the person u were staying with and clarified by u ..... and it must be on file at least ...... Fully supporting u Take Care

Hello, Jolibbyclarke,

Welcome to Aftersilence.

I'm sorry for what you have been through, but glad that you found us. I understand what it's like to have your trust broken from the one who you are suppose to trust the most. You were brave for getting out and I'm sorry that the police did not help you much in this situation. I hope you find the support you are looking for on here.

Mandy

NST

Welcome!

Sorry to hear you went through this. Know you are not alone.