Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

This is my first day on this site. I am not a 100% sure what I am doing; I have never used chats before. But I really do need the support. I was raped 15 years ago and again 5 months ago. I have a very small support system so my sexual assault counselor thought this site might be very helpful to me. I'm just not sure where to start.

me too silent victim...also my first day. i guess you can do what i do and just look over the website....good luck to you! keep that chin up!

Welcome to AS

The site is full of information and support for everyone. You will find that it is a wonderful community. In order to get into chat you must first post 10 times. At that point chat is granted to you. You do not have to post anything about your story, you can always support someone in the threads on a problem that they have that you can relate to.

If in doubt all you need to do is ask. There are wonderful people here that will help you.

All the best on your journey toward healing.

Alas

HI SilentVictim

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any assistance, please let me know, I will do my best to help if I can. I hope being here will be a good thing for you and that you will find your voice and be "silent" no more!!!!

take care, Paula

• 1 month later...

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found