Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Is Something Wrong?

There shouldn't be a problem - but perhaps if you clear all cookies/files/history you might then be able to get into chat - other wise let me know and I will try to sort it for you

karen

There shouldn't be a problem - but perhaps if you clear all cookies/files/history you might then be able to get into chat - other wise let me know and I will try to sort it for you

karen

I did all of that. I also got the most recent update of java, and tried turning my computer off and back on just for the heck of it (about the limit of my technical skills :) ). It's still not working, though I noticed that when I scrolled to the bottom of the screen it says there's 3 of me in chat....so apparently it's working on some level! lol Anyway it's really not a big deal....I just wanted to drop in and say hi as long as I was here. But I can do that just as well from the boards.

Do you get an error message?

If so let me know what it is and I will try and find the solution (turning the comp off and then on again is about the limit of techy ability too!!)

karen

Do you get an error message?

If so let me know what it is and I will try and find the solution (turning the comp off and then on again is about the limit of techy ability too!!)

karen

It says "Error connecting to server. Please try again in a few minutes." That's after it sits there for quite a while just saying "Connecting..."

having checked through everything - the probable problem is that the new version of java was not downloaded - or you have existing versions of java still on your computer - you need to remove any old javas you might have and then try to download java 11 again.

I hope that helps

karen

having checked through everything - the probable problem is that the new version of java was not downloaded - or you have existing versions of java still on your computer - you need to remove any old javas you might have and then try to download java 11 again.

I hope that helps

karen

Hmmm I really doubt that's the case as I went back to the java website and it told me that everything I had was current and installed, and that there were no new editions or updates for me to download. There's no old java either. Again though, it's really not a big deal. I don't have the need to spend time in chat like I used to.

I was away for a while too, from chat that is. I had to download the latest version of java.

Found