Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

It's Just Starting To Come Back

Well. This is a place that I never thought I would be... I've just been hit with these memories from about 4 years ago, and am feeling sick, anxious, depressed and just can't seem to get it out of my head. I know it's not just going to go away and everyone is different but does anyone know if the feeling of drowning will ever stop?

Hey brokentofixed39 welcome to AS.

I can't say the feeling of drowning will ever go away completely. For me I always expierence shame, fear, guilt, depression, and isolation to some degree and there are times when these feelings are absolutely crippling and I can't do anything but reflect on past events, and I doubt this will ever go away. However there are also times when I am actually happy, and as I keep healing I am experiencing feelings of happiness more and more frequently.

As you are healing just remember, that it was not your fault, you arenot alone, You are loved, You have a purpose, and you are a Survivor.

Anyways if you ever need to talk or just hae questions feel free to message me I'm always up for talking!

Everything is so new to me as I have only started to remember what happened to me this week so as I'm sure you well know that this is very very tough. I don't feel like I'm worth anything and that I have let my wife down in some way, I know it is stupid to think that as I never even knew her when this happened but with me supressing it I made mistakes that were clearly not me.

Hello Brokentofixed,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma that you have gone thru. The feeling you described, for me, comes and goes. I think reaching out and sharing does help, tho, so you've come to the right place for that. You will find members here very supportive and kind. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hello and welcome to AS. I'm really familiar with that feeling too. I find that sometimes it seems all encompassing, but other times it's more on the back burner. I am sorry for whatever brought you here.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. This is a place that I never thought I would be... I've just been hit with these memories from about 4 years ago, and am feeling sick, anxious, depressed and just can't seem to get it out of my head. I know it's not just going to go away and everyone is different but does anyone know if the feeling of drowning will ever stop?

Welcome to AS!

If you need help with anything or have questions I hope you'll feel free to message myself or any member of the Newbie Support Team and we will try our best to assist you!

Wishing you luck and the best here at AS!

Activist Ally