Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Guest spinifer

Guest spinifer

hiye evrybody, :dance:

I'm new ere.I was browsing thru the internet about the topic when found my way ere.

Well, I'm ere because my girlfriend. She was raped around a year ago and until today seems to be in a lot of stress. It's hurt for me to see her this way. I've tried to help and talk to her but my lack of experience and short of know-how limits my ability to reach and help her. Somtimes I ended up hurting her feeling and mine also.

I hope you all can help to tell me what should I do and shouldn't do to make her happy again. All I want is for her to put the bad past behind and live her life fully..

welcome and i hope that you find what you're looking for here :throb:

Guest butterfly

You are a good friend :):throb:

I'm not sure what advise to give you, except to just be there for her with

love a support of what she's going through. I do know that she

needs to be the one to reach out for help and find support through

others who have been through the same thing.

I hope she does :throb:

Butterfly :hug::throb::hug:

Hi,

I was just on here last night ranting and angry because, after a person is raped or sexually abused, the perpetrator gets more support than the victim. It is comforting to know that there are people out there who understand that it is really traumatic. The first thing that I would tell you is that you can't fix it. Be a good listener, and I know that you are sorry that it happened to her, so tell her. You can tell her about this website. and otherwise just continue to be supportive and patient. :)

I wish the world had more friends and people like you, I hope that this place can help you both find the path that you can follow ... Being there is a huge step for us victims ... More than some people realize sometimes .. Good luck and I hope your friend finds her healing journey .. :hug:

Guest spinifer

My hope also..

I'd told her about this website, hope she'll drop by. You all are a better person to listen to her than I am. Anyway,hope i can find somthing here to be a better listener than I am now. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SiempreSelena

welcome.

well all I can say is just give her sometime and when she is ready to talk just listen and be there for her...which seems like you already are :)