Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Unsure

Guest Christi

Guest Christi

:(

I don't know if I belong here or not. I thought about posting my story, but don't know if the things I went through would be considered sexual abuse or not. In light of the other stories, mine is not that big of a deal.

There are a few things that happened to me and I'm not sure if I can term them as sexual abuse or not.

I want to say "Hi" to everyone and tell you that i think you are all wonderful. Thanks for sharing your stories.

Christi

(((Christi)))

Many of us here doubt the validity of our experiences... You are more than welcome here honey. :hug:

Take your time, and post when you are ready.

It's take a lot of bravery for you to come here - welcome sweetie.

:hug:

Ruthie

Hello

We do not come here and post our stories in an attempt to go "mine's worse than yours", we are here trying to give others the same support we'd like in return. If you feel what you went through was enough in your mind to be abuse and earch out a message board for it, than it was what it was.

You don't have to share your story right away or at all you can post or lurk it's up to you.

Welcome

Jane

Hi Christie, welcome! :)

In my opinion, if you're here, it's for a reason. YOU are the one that matters, so do whatever you need. If whatever happened is affecting you in any way, then it is a big deal, and you have every right to be here. Take your time, look around, and if you do decide to post your story, then we will support you in that, because I know that takes a lot of courage. (I haven't posted mine yet!) Take good care,

Diana x

Hey there! awww.. why don't you feel like you belong here? Even if you don't think your story is as dramatic as other's stories... it can be just as traumatizing and emotionally painful as anyone else's. Sexual abuse... doesn't just include rape... it also includes being forced against your will... to do any sexual favours.. such as kisses... "touching".. fondling.. and even some types of cuddling could be considered sexual abuse.

But I hope you enjoy your stay here. I know I have so far. :)

Chances are if you think you need to be here, then you deserve to be here and join in with the wonderful healing that is going on. No matter what your experiences are, if they're hurting you.. you deserve to heal.

Validate what you've been through, it's ok to hurt. It's ok to doubt yourself, but one day you have to realize that it is ok to feel that way. Then you heal.. it's a process..

Hope you can find what you need here, just know that none of us are EVER going to judge you or think less of you for any reason. We just want to help you along your way.

Hang in there hon. :throb:

Welcome to AS, hon. One thing that you need to remember is that you cannot compare each person's abuse. It is awful no matter what. I agree with all these members are saying including the fact that you would be surprised as to what experiences are considered sexual abuse.

I can guarantee you will find what you are looking for here. These members are awesome and have and are helping through my healing journey. What is nice is that these members are on all different levels of healing, so if a step is hard for you they will support you and encourage to make that step. It is awesome. So like everyone said, look around, you will find as I am sure you already have that the people here are amazing.

Welcome

:hug:

Tira

Welcome Christi!

Chances are, unfortunatley, that if you have any question in your mind that you were sexually abused...you probably were. I'm sorry you're struggling with the beginning, but we've all taken this first step and know exactly what you're feeling.

Everyone here is supportive and WILL SUPPORT YOU! I can promise you that.

Here, we are all so different, which is what makes us the best family around. Yet, we all have a common bond. Something happened to all of us that caused us pain and hurt, and requires healing. That's why you're here. You're hurting and need healing. We're here for you and will support you in any way that you need us to.

Your Sister in Recovery,

Eva

Hiya, i am newish too, but welcome :hug: No matter what you have been through in your life, if you feel abused you have been. Storys differ but the inpact is still the same.

Take care, bonnie,xxx :P

Not really much I can add, the others have summed things up so all I can really add is welcome to AS, and I hope in some small way being here can help you .. :hug:

welcome to AS, christi, hope being here helps you in your healing journey :bighug:

~charlene~