Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Guest emily

Guest emily

I just found this forum and wanted to say hello. I'm 30 years old and was abused by my stepfather from ages 8 to 12, from what I remember. I dealt with the abuse a bit in college and after, and then became overwhelmed and had to put it on a shelf for a while. I'm now trying to deal with it more directly again, and building up the courage to tell my mom. I've been in therapy for the past few months but feel I could also really use the support of fellow survivors, and this seemed like a good place to start.

welcome hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

Guest hurtingforever

Welcome to AS sweetie. I am glad you found us. The survivors here are so amazing. I hope you find it as helpful as I do.

Lindsay

Welcome to AS. :) I also have gone through periods in my life when I would "put it on the shelf" and not deal with it for awhile. I am glad you are in therapy. Please ask for whatever support you need here. Many will understand.

Take gentle care.

~Kelly

Welcome to AS, I hope that being here can help on your healing journey ... :hug: