Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey

Hey everyone. I am so glad I found this place, I just hope I can get some help here as I have tried so many things and talked to many people but nothing seems to work.

My name is Claire, I'm 15 and have suffered sexual abuse 5 times now. So many people tell me its not my fault but I have reasons for blaming myself, I really have done something wrong... well I must have done to have so many bad times. I self injure on a regular basis, and have attempted suicide multiple times now too. I am really close to just giving up on myself completely and not even trying to come back to sanity, but I'm planning on using all my strength to see how this site may be able to help me.

Thank you for reading all that, I have a lot more to say but I will explain it all in time.

xoxo

Thanks guys =)

I just posted a more detailed story on the 'share your story' section, but its triggering so be careful when reading it if you decide to.

I joined AS in October and I found that the people here really understand because they have been through abuse maybe not exactly the same thing but they do know what it is like to be on rock bottem because of some man. and I learned that here speaking freely is perfectly ok and the people really try to help I have really benifited from joining and I jope you will to

:hug::wink:

aww thanks everyone =)

Hey everyone. I am so glad I found this place, I just hope I can get some help here as I have tried so many things and talked to many people but nothing seems to work.

My name is Claire, I'm 15 and have suffered sexual abuse 5 times now. So many people tell me its not my fault but I have reasons for blaming myself, I really have done something wrong... well I must have done to have so many bad times. I self injure on a regular basis, and have attempted suicide multiple times now too. I am really close to just giving up on myself completely and not even trying to come back to sanity, but I'm planning on using all my strength to see how this site may be able to help me.

Thank you for reading all that, I have a lot more to say but I will explain it all in time.

xoxo

I am new here too and wanted to welcome you. I am sorry things have been so rough for you. Are you in counseling or can you get counseling? It has helped me some so far. but I have a long road ahead.

Welcome, Claire.

I was seeing a counsellor but I had to pay myself and I don't get much for my youth allowance (from the government) so I cold only see her once every two weeks, but now she has mover interstate so I need to find someone else and start again =(

The reason I'm paying is my mum isn't exactly 'supportive' and she does nothing to help me. I even have to buy the groceries and milk and that most the time.

Anyway this isn't the place for getting into this subject, thanks again everyone q[o_0]p <-- crazy monkey!

Hi Claire. I'm glad you found this place too. It is definitely a supportive and caring environment, which certainly can't hurt.

So many people tell me its not my fault but I have reasons for blaming myself, I really have done something wrong... well I must have done to have so many bad times.

xoxo

No, sweetheart, it is not your fault and you have done nothing to deserve the abuse. That's one of the greatest lies our abusers like to tell us so they don't have to feel so guilty. Put the blame and the shame where it belongs, hun... on them for making the choices they've made that have resulted in so much pain for you.

:hug:

Meg