Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello?

Guest dragonrider

Guest dragonrider

Hi. Not sure what else to say. :blush: Kind of shy, I guess. I'm probably pretty much the same as all of you -- just trying to survive what happened to me.

It may have been a long time ago for me (incest that ended at 16 and a date rape at 18). I'm 42 now and still can't seem to get over it. Always kind of thought it was just me, but I see that there are others doing the same sort of battle. I HATE that other people have had to go thru this, but I selfishly am glad that I'm not alone.

Well, I'll be babbling soon, so I'll shut up now. Thanks for being here.

K'Jan

Welcome hon.

I hope you can find some comfort here. I know the thing I was always looking for was just people who would understand... people who I didn't have to explain things to. It's very comforting. Strength in numbers.

" I HATE that other people have had to go thru this, but I selfishly am glad that I'm not alone."

That just sort of says it all huh. :throb::throb:

I'm sorry for what happened to you. I'll try to help in any way I can.

(((((K'Jan)))))

Welcome to the board sweetie, post or read as much as you would like and know that we are here for you. :hug: :hug: :hug:

(((Hugs)))

Donna =)

Welcome, K'Jan! :hug:

I am glad you have found this board, and I understand what you say about how awful it is that we need such a place. But this is a wonderful place full of wonderful people. I was a bit shy at first too, but everyone has made me feel like part of the family and like I am not alone. You are not alone either.

Post as much or as little as you like, no pressure no problem! Everyone here is so kind and supportive.

Welcome again! :hug:

Guest dragonrider

Just wanted to thank everyone for their welcomes. :thanks:

It has helped as I'm going through a particularly rough time. :( I think part of it is because of a car accident I was in back in January. I broke a lot of things and have been having problems with physical pain. I think that has made some of the emotional pain a little more difficult to deal with. Well, maybe I should be writing all about this someplace else.

Again, thank you all for making me feel so welcome!

K'Jan.. welcome to AS

I am still relatively new myself and struggling to feel at ease posting on the boards..guess it will get easier as time passes....

I have very quickly realised that there are a lovely bunch of people here,all friendly and compassionate...

You will see this soon enough...

good luck with your journey..

welcome, you're not alone :throb:

:hug:

Welcome K'Jan

I am so glad you found this site. I hope it will be to you what it has been for me. Just knowing that this place is here, and that I can come here anytime I want to and reach understanding ears, is a big comfort. I cannot tell you how long it takes, or if it ever does end, I am 62, I don't struggle as often, and now I know that everytime I am down, or depressed or insecure, it means another opportunity for me to be healed in another area and to grow. Now I do not try to avoid it, I do not try to get around it, I just go through it, except now I know I will not only survive, but be better and stronger, and so will you. Here nobody is rushing you, nobody is trying to tell you how to feel or what to feel or when to get over it. Survivors are truly special people.

Heavensent :throb::throb::hug::hug::throb::throb:

Welcome K'Jan :throb:

I know how you feel. I too am 42yrs old. I was r*ped by a guy I had been dating for a long time when I was 24. I put it in the back of my mind until I hurt my back a couple of years later. The pain from the injury as well as the feeling of vunerability sent me into a tailspin. I started having severe anxiety attacks and because very reclusive. I was afraid to be out somewhere alone, especially after dark. Every man I saw seemed to be a potential assailant. I would have anxiety attacts at the mall or anywhere that a lot of other people would be. The pain medication didn't help that feeling either because it gave me even less control.....

I hope you get to feeling better. Lately, I have been having a hard time dealing with the past as well. Sometimes it just seems like it rears it's ugly head so we can deal with it once again. I keep hopeing that by this happening, it is God's way of helping me heal.... :hug::hug:

Edited by baillie

Welcome. I hope that this wonderful place can help in some small way on your healing journey .. :hug::hug: