Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm New Here.

Hello to everyone,

I'm new here, happy to of found this place and I'm sad for all of the reasons that have brought me here.

When I first found and joined Aftersilence.org, I became immediately discouraged about being here and sharing my story. After I signed up it took about FIVE DAYS for the approval of my account and the privilege to start posting and share my story. I've NEVER had to wait so long to join anything on the internet before, be it, social media sites or any other online support forum or group. Is there a legit and logical reason why it took so long for my account to be approved ?. I'm not sure if the moderator of this site is aware of this issue or not, that's why I brought it up !.

Knowing that it took so long to approve my account, so I could share my story and get some type of support and advice from others, really concerns me, as to what could happen to others, with NO support and in high emotional distress, during that waiting time. Everyone is different, some people call crisis hotlines and other people prefer online support !. Has this issue happened to anyone else, or, is it just me ?!.

Anyways, to introduce myself, my name is Grace - Lynn, I'm 35 years young and from the Vancouver B.C. area. I've endured abuse of all sorts my entire life, and have recently had some issues come up, regarding things that have happened to me twenty AND thirty years ago. My family hasn't been very supportive and I don't have anybody to turn to. I'm in counselling but it doesn't seem to be enough, yet !.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi Grace-Lynn and welcome.

I think I remember back when I joined that it took a couple days. I think it's because the admin aren't online much. I can't be certain. I'm sorry that it caused you to feel discouraged :(

This really is a good site with a lot of supportive people. I hope you find comfort here.

It usually takes a couple of days. And this site is not meant to be for people in crisis. There are several other options (hotlines, for example) if people are in crisis. Glad you found us, though, and I hope you find AS helpful :aswelcomesu:

:hi::aswelcomesu:

It may take a few days to join, I think it took a day or two for me to be approved! So sorry your struggling at the moment, hope you find lots of support here at AS!

Janepp

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone::bighug: if OK

I personally am happy if it takes a few days to be approved, it serves as a barrier for people that are not who they purport to be, if you follow my drift

Hello gracelyn

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I'm sorry you found the process of approval of your account so frustrating, I hope you stick with us, if you need any help with the board please contact me and I will do my best to help if I can

take care, Paula

Thinking of you.

Found