Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi All

Hey,

So, I'm new to this site, and message boards in general. I always get too anxious to jump in. I've read my fair share, but I never feel like I'm good enough or smart enough or insightful enough to post anything. I always figure that I can just leave it to the next person who is far better than I to post something. However, I want to find a community, and I'm willing to do what it takes to learn how to be confident enough to speak up on a message board. I'd hope that this is a given in this community, but please always remember to be kind. I don't think I could handle anyone who wasn't, especially when dealing with this topic.

I look forward to sharing and growing with you all.

~Beka

Hi Beka,

I hope you don't mind me replying to your post instead of starting my own. I'm new too, and I feel much the same way you do. I don't always put my thoughts into words very easily, but what you said really resonated with me. Thanks for sharing!

I'm looking forward to growing with this community as well.

Cheers,

Hyacinth

Hi Beka,

Welcome to AS. This is a very supportive site, and the members are truly kind and understanding. I was hesitant to jump in at first too, but I've learned to relax and actually find my voice. I hope you find yours too. Just to let you know your words are good enough. The trick is to just be sincere with your own posts, and kind if you respond to somebody else's. It's that easy. But take your time and find your footing. There is never any rush and there is never pressure. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary :youcanheal:

~~~~~~~

Hi Hyachinth.

Welcome to you, as well. I share the same advice with you. It will get easier. I wish you well on your healing journey, too.

Mary :supportu:

Hey,

So, I'm new to this site, and message boards in general. I always get too anxious to jump in. I've read my fair share, but I never feel like I'm good enough or smart enough or insightful enough to post anything. I always figure that I can just leave it to the next person who is far better than I to post something. However, I want to find a community, and I'm willing to do what it takes to learn how to be confident enough to speak up on a message board. I'd hope that this is a given in this community, but please always remember to be kind. I don't think I could handle anyone who wasn't, especially when dealing with this topic.

I look forward to sharing and growing with you all.

~Beka

Hi Beka,

I am absolutely sure that what you have to say is valuable and you are more than welcome to post here on the boards!

I agree that you deserve kind and compassionate support and I hope you will find the members of AS (After Silence) will be caring and gentle as we walk along together down the path of healing. :)

With care,

Activist Ally