Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

new here

Guest marie

Guest marie

hi i wish that i had more. but thats my problem. i have only have bits and pieces of my past. but i have all the symptoms and defense mechinisms you can imagine. i have been to three different counselors. and the last on believes that i have bpd. i have had very bad expirences in relationships and have a difficult time un trusting anyone. even myself. fear and all the lies ive told cloud my past. and now they wont let me be. im a prisoner in my mind. how do i get to my past. so i can get to the real me. i do believe that things happened. but i wont let myself remember. please help. i feel like im going crazy.or am i?

Just for the record, I'd be willing to bet you are not crazy! :) Scared, frustrated, confused, angry, alone, now those things I bet you are feeling! when you are ready, these things will start to come to you. The body is an amazing thing, and I tend to believe for the most part, it won't let us remember what we aren't ready to remember. Just keep talking, posting here, and maybe some writing, and I hope you will find that you free your mind and your spirit. Welcome...

(((marie)))Welcome to After Silence. :) I understand where you come from. i was there when i first started to deal too... only remembering pieces (and to this day, i cant remember everything...but some things, i figure, and best not remembered.. i think i'm still scared to remember everything... just remembering what you need to heal is a great start). You are definately not crazy, sweetie. I love what Lilea posted. =) Eventually, this big tangled ball of "stuff" will start to unravel-- memories, feelings, etc. I know it feels like it's all tangled up and you wouldnt even know where to start trying to unravel it all...but it can be done. *hugs* Counsellors are great..but only good ones. :P i had 4 before finding a good one... but once you find a good one, healing is so much easier. We are all here for you. I hope you find what you're searching for here. I hope you find support and healing as i have. Please let me know if you ever need anything. *hugs*

love clarissa

((((marie)))) Welcome to the group. Fragments, shards, pieces of the past-I can relate - still they come that way, not in big pictures like I want them too. You are not going crazy. Know that you do not journey alone. We are here for you. Be kind to yourself as you heal :)