Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Lou123

My head is still totally screwed up after 15 years and I found this forum by accident when I was searching for advice on how to cope. I feel like I should be over it, but I can't. I still have days when I panic & feel sick.

Thankyou for adding me.

Hi Lou! I too found this group by accident when searching for advice. Im finding that people are very kind and understanding here. :) I hope it helps you. Eveyone heals from things at their own pace. You're not alone.

-Jus

Hi Lou,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but AS is a very supportive sit. I too, found this site by fortunate accident, as well. I know what you mean, when you think you 'should' be over it. My trauma was over 30 years ago. Sometimes it's just not that easy, and I'm sorry you still suffer effects of the wrong that was done to you. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:youcanheal:

Mary

Thankyou for the welcome.

Ive no family close by & the few friends I have are wrapped up in their own busy lives and I find it difficult to talk about my feelings & low moods with them. I don't like being a burden to them.

Sometimes I have awful nightmares which are so vivid and realistic they play on my mind for days and leave me feeling sick and traumatised.

• 2 weeks later...