Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Always Getting Logged Out

I have the "remember me" clicked and so I sign in... and then 5 minutes later I click something to view a post, change topics, or even more annoying, to post a topic that I took time writing, and I get the message that I need to sign in again, and then I have to start all over. Is there a reason I can't stay signed in (no matter which computer I'm using)? Is there a setting I need to specifically chose so that I'm not always getting logged out somehow?

Thanks!

You might need to set your browser to accept cookies. That's how the "remember me" works.

:hug:

I've got cookies set up. Also, I use one wireless computer and two not. One of the desktops is at work and one is at home... so all kind of systems, but as far as I can tell the cookies do fine.

I understand that... but this is typically about every fifteen minutes, when I'm only signed onto one computer at a time. Sometimes it lasts longer, but if I'm busy typing on a reply on one page for a while or I let the screen go idle I get logged out.

When you are typing a post online, typically the server or website will record that as no activity. If you've set your browser to disconnect after a certain amount of time of inactivity, it will consider posts that take longer to finish as inactivity. Also, it could be a setting your server has. Or even the forum software. I know if I am typing a post on our forum, which is also Invision, and go too long it will treat it as if I've been idle the whole time.

I hope you find out what the problem is. Gentle cyberhugs.

:hug: