Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A New Year, a new anxiety

Guest JessicaSC

Guest JessicaSC

Hello and Happy New Year everyone,

I joined this message board because it seems ever since the beginning of the year I've been getting especially anxious, basically because I was told I probably have to testify at a preliminary hearing and trial later this year against my assailant. I think I am particularly worried about the flashbacks I know I'll be having after telling the entire story again. Anxious and more blase about other things in life. Not a good way to start the new year.

Hi JessicaSC. Welcome to the group. I find this is a great place to come and get support. People "get it" here in a way that I don't find anywhere else. No matter what I am feeling, chances are someone else here knows what I am saying and can help me through it.

Please keep posting. Together we will all make it.

Nice to meet you.

~Kelly

Jessica,

Welcome to After Silence! I hope that you will be able to find the support that you need, especially during all of your legal proceedings. Everyone here is understanding and that certainly has helped in my healing journey because I know I'm not alone. I'm here if you need anything.

(((Hugs)))

Lindsay