Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Molested From 12 To 14

I was molested from the time I was 12 yrs old til I was 14 yrs old by my uncle. Those years of my life seem to be just a blur, but they have created a different person in me. I am almost 22 yrs old now and I have never been on a had or had a boyfriend, simply because I can't allow myself to trust anyone that much. I don't know what to do to get pass this or how to deal with the stuff that has happened.

:hug: wantingtoheal :hug:

HI, welcome to AS......

It can be really really hard to heal from this kind of stuff.

sometimes when the abuse happens when your young it tends to seem far harder to comprehend it all.... i know i found that, but i was 7-8 years and then 18 when my abuse/r*pes occured..... i can say that while the abuse in childhood was happening i had little understanding...and that meant that a lot of my thoughts and feelings were locked inside me for a long time....

the key then to helping me to begin my healing was to enter into counselling....which i did most succesfully for 9 months, i left counselling feeling rather positive...i wouldn't say completely healed, as im not sure if that ever happens but when i left i was more at ease with myself and my feelings..... sometimes you just reach a stage in healing where you feel you can't heal anymore...i got to that stage at the end of 9 months, and took a three month break...i am now going back into counselling for somemore issues that have kind of jumped up.....

if i could offer you some advice it would be to:

* give counselling a try

* allow yourself to feel and explore your emotions

* realise that you are not to blame at all for any of this.

On the having difficulty trusting men issue i totally relate to that.... i am 24 and have never sustained a relationship because i can't trust men...but i realise that with time and patience, and of course the right man then that may change...and if it doesn't then equally im fine with that....

take healing one step at a time...start with yourself and then the rest (ie potential boyfriends/relationships) will fall into place.

good luck with it all, and remember were here for you to

Dawn :wub:

Welcome to After Silence hun :hug:

Meg x