Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Looking For Help

I am a survivor of repeated sexual assault by my stepdad. I have never received any help such as therapy. I live in a very small town with only one therapist and I went to see him once only to find out that he went to high school with my stepdad. My daughter is now the age that I was the first time I was molested and everything is coming back to me. I have nightmares and wake up crying. I live in constant fear and it's causing issues in my marriage. I need help and I just don't know where to turn. I found this group while doing an online search so I thought I would start here.

Sorry to hear about what you are going through.Have you tried a helpline? Sometimes it helps, just to get help dealing with anxiety,etc. Also, your doctor may know of programmes or other therapy options.You are worth having help, I hope that you find some soon.AS has helped me, I now see a T through a r*** crisis organisation, even though the r*** happened over 30 years ago.

Hi cdphil,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for your trauma and sorry that circumstances have made it difficult to get help. Be assured, that you have found a safe and supportive site. I'm sorry that it almost seems triggering that your daughter is the same age...it must make everything more confusing. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hello Cdphil,

welcome to After Silence,

my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help with anything, please contact me or any other member of the team

take care,

Paula :aswelcomesu: