Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New

Mazzy

Hi all...I'm new :)

I created my name a while ago, but never felt up to posting until now...

I'm feeling kind of nervous...I'm usually a very open person, but I've only admitted it to very close friends before. I don't know why, but I still feel somehow at fault for what happened, although I know that's not true.

I was sexually abused by my uncle as a child, as was my sister. She told me about 6 years ago about what happened to her, but it wasn't for another few years that I began to come to the realisation that it had happened to me too.

I think I blocked most of the memories out though, all I could really remember were shreds of memories for a long time...but some of them have been coming back to me over the past year or so...it's scary. I even have nightmares about them sometimes.

I kind of wish I would forget it all again...it's not exactly something I'd like to remember.

Anyway...I'm new around here...hopefully being here will help!

:hug:

Hi Mazzy!

I'm sorry you've had to go through painful experiences :hug: I hope that you find being a member of After Silence really helpful. It's a great place, especially if you need support and understanding :)

Just take your time to post, don't feel rushed :)

Saz x

(((((((Mazzy)))))))))

Welcome to the board sweetie, feel free to read as much as you would like or even post as much as you would like. Either way know that we are here for you, your not alone. :hug:

Donna =)

Hi Mazzy - I'm so glad you found us!

Take care and know we are here to support you in whatever way we can

:hug::hug:

Sonic xx

Hi Mazzy, welcome to AS

I'm really sorry that you had to go through that. Take your time or if you want vent like nuts. Everyone here is really supportive and I dunno what I'd do without them sometimes. It's nice to just be around people who understand.

Take care hon, if you need an ear to listen, lemme know :hug:

Welcome to AS, I hope that this place can help in some small way ..

I could really relate to the story on the timing with your sister telling and you not. It is something that happened to me, my sister was the first to say and I didn't for about 5/6 years afterwards ... I know there are so many things that I have found out that so many on this board have had similar problems with .... it can be very daunting to find this out, so please just take your time, one thing here is you are SAFE ...

((((Mazzy))))

Welcome to AS! :hug:

Speaking out about abuse is hard, good job for taking the first steps. Do/ say/ read as much as you feel you can, when you can. Take care of yourself, and welcome again. :hug:

Nicole

welcome to the boards :hug::throb:

Hey Mazzy,

It's just fine to take as much time as you like to post. This is your space.

I'm so sorry you've been through what you have, but am glad you have found us here, and hope that we can help you on your healing journey.

Ruthie

Hi Mazzy,

Welcome to AS. You are a brave strong soul. ..............Michelle

Thanks Mazzy, you gave me the courage to finally make my 1st post. I too had been here for a bit without making myself too known. There seems to be some awesome people here. I hope you find it helpful!!

Teardrop

Welcome Mazzy

You are very brave, this is a hard thing to talk about, especially the first time. Fortunately, our minds know better than we do what we need, and when we need it. It is hard, but it will get better, even better than before you started having the dreams and talked about it. This is an amazing Board, and the one thing we all need is to not feel alone, that is what keeps us silent. You are not alone. It seems the basic feelings we all experience in some way. I'm so sorry this happened to you and your sister. I am glad you found the board. :hug::):wub: