Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings

Hello to all. I'm quite nervous and not sure what I'm doing so I hope this isn't gibberish.

Im 48 years old and it's taken me almost 30 years to stop ignoring my experience and this is my first step in dealing with it so.....yay me! Not quite ready to verbalise yet but I'm hoping this will get me started so thank you all for being out there.

Hello, I am taking my first steps also after years of being aware I was molested, but not knowing what really happened. Stay strong! So sorry you have to be here, too.

Thank you so much for your replies. It is sad we need this but good that we have it. Here goes nothing.... I was raped when I was 19 then went on to marry a man who used sex as a way of controlling me. Throw in a father who took far too much interest in my sexuality and it's a mess.

I am blessed now to have beautiful and supportive kids but I think it's time to do something with the monster in my closet. I enjoy my life but it's always there.

Can't thank you enough for your welcome. Without it I couldnt have typed the words. Have only told my kids so far and that took 20 years :-)

Wendy

So sorry that happened to you. ((Hugs)) My kids are supportive, but still seem to not have a clue about what I am diagnosed with means. I hope opening up here will be good for you, and for me.

Hi

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. If you need any help with any aspect of the board, please contact me

take care, Paula

Hello Countrygirlwithadog....seems you are here for some of the same reasons I am.....to clean out that closet...I was raped at 20 and after 28 years of not really dealing with it have decided its time....hope this sites offers u the support u need....

• 4 months later...

Welcome!