Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi everyone! I'm a teenage girl and I was sexually assaulted by my (now) ex-boyfriend. I was in denial about it and had very limited memories of the actual event until about three months ago. I kept thinking of reasons why it "didn't count" as sexual assault, and I've only put my denial aside within the last month or so. So for me, it's as if it just happened. My emotions are everywhere and I really don't know how to feel. I'm in therapy and I have supportive friends, but I still feel so alone. I hope that this will be a place where I can talk to other survivors and find more support. Xoxo

Hello becominguncaged,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry about the trauma that was inflicted by your ex. Denial is very common. I denied for more years than I care to admit, but you are facing this now, which is very brave. You will find many understanding and supportive people on this site. It is good to have as much support as you can, and please know that you are not alone.

I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hey MeBeMary,

Reading your reply made me feel so relieved I felt like crying. Knowing that you, or anyone, would see my post and believe me and validate my trauma makes me feel, well, validated. And less alone. So thank you. :loveas:

Hi becominguncaged,

My name is Jan, and I am a volunteer with the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and hope that you find comfort and support here. Becoming involved with this community and connecting with others has been a help to many. I am so sorry for the experience that has brought you here.

If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible.

Take good care,