Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings To You All :)

Meg

Hello everyone,

I'm a 19-year-old sexual abuse/incest survivor. My stories are long and complex, and perhaps one day I will venture to share the details here, but "simply" enough... I was abused emotionally/mentally and sexually by my stepfather when I was young, and raped by my half-brother when I was 16. What evolved from that rape was a sexual relationship that was manipulative and never consensual, despite that by the end I thought I wanted him too. While this could take many pages to explain, I'm sure all of you understand how complex and difficult these things can get. With much therapy I have come to realize so many things.

I have spent some months writing a letter to my real father about what his son, my half-brother, did to me. I feel I owe him some explanation of why I have been avoiding visiting his home and spending time with the family. In fact, I think they suspect something strange. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, and I wonder if any of you have ever written letters or told members of your family about your situations, and how hard it was.

At any rate, very nice to meet you all. :)

- Megan

Megan,

Welcome to AS

:hi:

I have told members of my family but it really hasen't gone too well...so, sorry I don't have any advice about how to do that. I can only hope that things can go differently for you!!

Glad you are here!

Becky

((((Megan))))

I'm sorry for what brings you to us honey. :console: I like so many other members have written letters regarding their abusers, though I never gave mine to him just writing the letter was amazing enough. Though I am very sure that some even handed them out.

So you're not alone, feel free to relax with us and know that we are here for you.

Welcome to After Silence hun. :)

:hug: :hug:

Donna =)

Welcome to AS Megan :)

As others have said, I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but am glad to have you with us. Even from this one post of yours I can tell just tell what a mature and wise a person you are. I look forward to getting to know you.

:hug: Ruthie

Welcome to After Silence, Megan :hug:

I hope you find lots of support here.

With love, Meg xx