Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone.

Guest mommacook

Guest mommacook

Hello Everyone,

While it is sad why we meet here, I am happy to meet others for friendship and support. I thought I would introduce myself instead of hiding. I'm 23, happily married, momma of 2 beautiful boys & 2 stepdaughters. I'm a stay-at-home mom.

I'm a survivor of child sex abuse and rape. When I first married my husband, my nightmares and 'dayscares' just faded away. We were both very ecstatic. But, recently the bad dreams have returned and with two small children it has really hurt my sleep. Not only do I try avoiding sleep, get wakened by nghtmares, but I'm also putting two boys down(eventually) each night and neither of them will sleep through the night.

I thought if I found a support group, it might help to cut back on some of the nightmares.. but, we are a very busy family so I found this online board that I can read and post during the day when it's just the boys and I.

I think I will read someof the posts and write some of my own if I feel the urge.

Thank You,

"Momma Cook"

Wow... you sure do have a full plate with all of those little ones! Welcome... this has been an incredible refuge for me, and I am sure a lot of other people too. It's so nice to have a place to vent and not be judged. Welcome and so glad to meet you! Take care...

Welcome :)

Please make yourself at home and feel free to post anytime you want.....we are here for you!

((((Hugs))))

Verena